tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 08 05:54:51 2002

Qot

Greetings.

Question:
  Does {Qot} "lie, recline" describe the action of laying down, or is it the "(not)action" or the fact of lying on your back
somewhere?

We have canon:
   QongDaqDaq Qotbe' tlhInganpu'
   Klingons do not lie in bed
Does it mean Klingons refuse to move their body into a bed, or do they refuse to stay in bed?

   QotDI' gheD tlhejbe' wamwI'
   The hunter does not lie down with the prey.
Does it mean the hunter refuses to accompany his prey as soon as it lays down, or as soon as it is already lying on the
floor?

Other way around:
Does {QotchoH} make sense?

Quvar
  ghojwI'pu'lI' tISaH
P.S. I think I don't know how to conjugate the verb "lie", so help me if you want! :-)

Back to archive top level