tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 02 02:22:14 2002

qepHom cha'DIch

DaH rIn qepHommaj.
Now our qepHom is over.

qaStaHvIS wej jaj tlhIngan Hol wIqeqchu', 'ej maQapchu'qu'!
During three days we practice Klingon perfectly, and we really succeeded!

qaStaHvIS wej jaj jIQongmeH jav rep vIlo'mo' jIDoy'qu', 'ach Qapchu'mo' qepHom jIQuch.
Because I only slept for six hours during three days, I'm very tired, but because the qepHom was a success I'm happy.

jaj wa' pawDI' jeSwI'pu', tlhIngan Hol lujatlhlaHbe'chu' 'op.
When the participants arrived the first day, most could not speak klingon at all.

pagh mu' Sov 'op, 'ej pablaHbe' chaH.
They knew no words, and no grammar.

rInDI' qepHom, paQDI'norghmo' mu'tlhegh ngeD chenmoHlaH Hoch 'ej mu'tlhegh Qatlh chenmoHlaH HochHom.
After the qepHom, almost everyone was at least able to make easy sentences, and most people even managed to create difficult sentences!

     There were twenty-one (!!) people attending (coming from four different countries), and we definitely had a lot of fun! While the beginners (60%) were following
the lessons all the way thru TKD, the advanced (30%) were silently playing *tlhInSa'* and passively listening to the class, and the experts (10%) have been translating
things on their computer.
   We had classes about everything you need to know: first pronunciation of course, then verbs including their affixes, followed by syntax. I suggested to do some
games, but they wanted more, so we carried on with numbers, the problem of "past tense", some conjunctions, the use of adverbials, to-be-constructions, question
words, and much more!
   On the last evening, they wanted to practice, so I took easy and difficult sentences, and I cut them, so they had to put them together again. e.g. -jaj / taH / wo' ==>
taHjaj wo' (there is only one way to put them together). Note this: people who arrived the first day, without knowing what a prefix is, managed to put together ten-
word-long-sentences on the lst day! Qapla'na'!
   And, of course, we did not only have grammar. In between there was a lot of singing and playing, like DIjchu', hang-man, and pegh mu'.
If there is a line between qepHom and qep'a', we certainly touched it! :-)

Soon there will be more information and pictures on the website.

Qapla'!!

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH