tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 29 13:57:07 2002
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
two different types of object
- From: Quvar valer <email@example.com>
- Subject: two different types of object
- Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:35:09 +0200
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"You (pl.) honor me and my family"
1. qorDu'wIj jIH je tuquvmoH
only jIH is object
"you honor me; and my family"
2. qorDu'wIj jIH je boquvmoH
only qorDu' is object, jIH could also be the object, but only if it were a noun.
"you honor <my family and I>"
"you honor my family and the viewing screen"
A solution could be two sentences:
qorDu'wIj boquvmoH 'ej jIH tuquvmoH.
"you honor my family and you honor me."
(but this looks so long)