tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 23 12:08:03 2002

jI-x-ghach? (was Re: tlhIngan Hol lujatlhbogh puq'e')

jIja'pu':
>[locative subjects] would be akin to putting a previx and a
>{-ghach} on the same verb.  "It follows the rules, but it follows them
>someplace they don't normally go."

ja' tulwI':
>hm. why not? x-ghach is the doing of someone who does x. so
>ji-x-ghach could be the doing of me, who does x. :)

Why not, you ask?  Mostly because I don't know how to interpret it.  The
big problem here is that I don't have any idea what your English
description of the usage means, so I can't tell you if I see anything wrong
with it. :-P

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level