tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 05 08:30:24 2002

Re: KLBG

> also correct any klingon language errors
>
> je tlhIngan Hol Qaghmey lugh
>
> Should I put the verb prefix Da on lugh? Or add any suffixes?

/je/, when used as "also" in this manner, follows the verb it is modifying.

Verbs always have to have a prefix.  When it looks like there is no prefix, it
is really the null prefix which means "him/her/it [to] him/her/it", etc.  Refer
to the chart in TKD on p33.

But before we choose a prefix here, let's look at something else...

lugh - "be correct".  This is intransitive.  You do not "be correct"
something.  We need to add the suffix -moH.  lughmoH "cause to be correct".

The object is "errors" (them).  The subject is, well, "you" is implied.  If we
use -Da, this would be a statement.  To make it a command you have to go to the
chart on p34.  Here we find "you [to] them" is tI-.

Qaghmey tIlughmoH  "Cause the errors to be correct."
Because the prefix implies a plural object, the plural suffix is optional.
Qagh tIlughmoH  "Cause the errors to be correct."

Qagh tIlughmoH je  "Also cause the errors to be correct."

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level