tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 01 12:08:06 2002

Re: -lu' and -be', small aside on Paul Simon

lab Voragh:

>   'u' SepmeyDaq Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH He ghoSlu'bogh retlhDaq 'oHtaH
>   It waits...on the edge of the galaxy, beside a passage to unknown regions of
>    the universe... (SkyBox DS99)

could anyone help me to parse this sentence?

'u' SepmeyDaq Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH => in order that one travels
to the regions of the universe that one doesn't know

He ghoSlu'bogh = a route that one approaches

retlhDaq 'oHtaH = it "waits" in the area beside

it's not a sentence. what's wrong?

>The only example of {-lu'be'} I can find is:
>
>   SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'
>   There are no old warriors. TKW
>
>Note that {tu'lu'} "there is, there are" is a bit irregular.  The
>above TKW example is the only example we have of a negated {tu'lu'}.

why "irregular"?

tulwI',
sts.

Back to archive top level