tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 24 01:05:20 2002

RE: 'e' vIneH

> > I have never heard Klingon spoken by another person...
> > ... something I may have figured out sooner had I any experience
> > hearing Klingon.
>
>Where do you live?

"Provo" vIDab.  "Utah"Daq 'oH vengvam'e'.  "Salt Lake City" (ngeng na'
veng?) Sum.

'ach qaSpu' jar puS chaq "San Antonio" vIDabchoH.  wej vISov.  "San
Antonio"Daq Qu' tu'lu'.  Qu'vamDaq Holmey nov lumughlu' 'ej lughItlhlu'.
pavbe'DI' Qu', Holmey chu' lughojlu'.  Qu' vISuqchugh, qaSpa' "September"
"Texas" vIDabchoH.  chaq qaSpu' "June".

"San Antonio"Daq nenchoHpu' SoSwI'.  Seyqu' jIjatlhDI': chaq "San Antonio"
vIDabchoH.

chan "Texas" Dabbogh tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu' lutu'lu''a'?

I used {Qu'} for 'job' as it was the closest thing I could find (I think
I've seen it used that way on this list before).  {pavbe'DI' Qu'} was the
best I could do for 'during downtime/when not busy'.  Also, I was unsure as
to how {chan} is used, but I have it glossed as a noun, so I went for
noun-noun.  Perhaps {"Texas" chan yoS} would work better.

Speaking of {chan}, do we know how to combine direction words, a la
northwest, south southeast, etc.?  I have three direction words in my
personal dictionary, but no idea how to combine them.