tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 23 04:58:37 2002

Re: worlds apart pt1

In a message dated 4/17/2002 7:41:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> How long did it take some of you to learn to write comfortably in
> tlhlingan-Hol...and when you started where you the only on around in your
> area to do so.

I began studying tlhIngan Hol late in 1993.  Attending the KLI qep'a'mey have
been some of the greatest help.  There have not been persons in my area with
whom I can practice.  I started teaching tlhIngan Hol every Saturday
afternoon to House Valtev members in Westminster, Colorado.  Teaching a
language helps understand the language.  Although only two students have made
much progress, and that has taken over 4 years!!!, we can play some simple
language skills games in tlhIngan Hol.  As to being comfortable translating,
after all this time I still make many, many mistakes.  I do translate because
it is practice.  I intend to keep practicing until I make no mistakes---but
I'll be in Sto'vo'kor by that time.

peHruS

Back to archive top level