tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 17:31:57 2002

Re: to' nech, 019: {jev'a'meyna'.}

At 21:10 2002-04-16 +0000, [email protected] wrote:
>Instead, [linguists] spend most of their time hammering away at some pet
>theory of just how far you can bend a specific grammatical construction
>before it breaks. They uniformly like attention and  love being the center
>of controversy. Rare is the flame war that doesn't have  at least one
>linguist in it.

Instead, grammarians spend most of their time constructing specious
arguments about how what is conceivable is ungrammatical.  They uniformly
demand to be treated as the infallible authority and love to cricitize
anyone who even wonders about their methodology.  Rare is the flame war
that doesn't have at least one grammarian in it.

I wonder if I could get a bot to do this...

--
Sean M. Burke    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/

Back to archive top level