tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 05 12:13:01 2002

Re: Subject: poH (was: RE: vay' loSbogh ghaH. Suq)

ja' 'ISqu':
>nuq 'oSlaH mu' {poH}? nuq 'oSlaHbe'?

cha' wanI' chevbogh poH Del mu'vam.  nap.  ngeD.  Qatlhbe'.

wanI' 'oSbe'.  "this time", "next time" ghap mughmeH Qapbe'.

It also doesn't work for a very simple idea which I've never been able to
translate well into Klingon: the continuum of time as a concept:  "Time is
the fire in which we burn."  "Time and tide wait for no man."  That sort of
thing.  We have the distinction between the continuum of {logh} "space" and
the measurable {chuq} "distance" in spatial terms, but the analogous
temporal term is only "interval".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level