tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 23 12:36:45 2001

RE: Coming up short - adv (KLBC)

qalanIy said:

	I  took this opportunity to start learning Klingon again.  Having
unpacked
	neither my dictionary nor my KGT, this may not come out right:

	vIQeH (I am angry at him/her)

{QeH} is the verb "be angry" and not "be angry at (someone)". So you can't
say *{vIQeH} ("I am angry him").
However, you could say {ghaHmo' jIQeH} "Because of him/her, I am angry."

Another way you could say this would be to use the verb suffix {-moH}
("cause"), and say that the person angers you:
{muQeHmoH} "He/she causes me to be angry"

	vIHoH vIneH.  (I want to kill him/her)

	Now, i don't remember whether HoH means kill or die, so maybe I'm
saying I
	wanna die.  Ooops. :)

You remembered correctly - {HoH} is the verb "kill". {Hegh} is the verb
"die".

- taD

Back to archive top level