tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 12 14:56:47 2001

RE: klbc:Off topic

jatlh taD:
>I have one suggestion for adding to your sentence. According to KGT, on
>page
>49, it says that the verb suffix {-neS} can be used to indicate "that
>suicide is part of the plan of the attack". So you could add this to the
>first word here, and say:
>
>{nuHIvta'neS} "They have suicide-attacked us"
>
>Remember that according TKD, {-neS} is a type-8 verb suffix and {-ta'} is a
>type-7 verb suffix. So {-neS} goes after {-ta'}.
>It's not *necessary* that you add {-neS} to the sentence like this, but it
>could add a certain meaning that is absent in the original sentence.

Let's keep in mind that a suicide attack would usually be considered an
honorable way to die; thus the use of the "honorific" suffix /-neS/.  I
doubt that most people on this list would want to think of it this way.
Unless you're intentionally taking a purely Klingon point of view, /HIvneS/
may not be appropriate in this context.  Correct, but not appropriate.

SuStel
Stardate 1699.7