tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 07 10:38:01 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: HovpoH (n)

: Klingon word:      HovpoH
: Part of Speech:    noun
: Definition:        stardate
: Additional Notes:  S33, KGT.

As used in canon:

  HovpoH Hut vagh cha' wa' vI' jav Dujvam 'aghlu'pu' 'ach Qaw'lu'pu'
  [This ship was demonstrated on Stardate 9521.6 but it was destroyed.]
   SkyBox S33 (untranslated on card)

The Star Trek Encyclopedia CD-ROM defines "stardate" thusly:

  Timekeeping system used to provide a standard galactic temporal
  reference, compensating for relativistic time dilation, warp-speed
  displacement, and other peculiarities of interstellar space travel.
  (To those interested in the minutiae of stardate computation ... we
  shamelessly refer you to Appendix I in the 1996 edition of our book,
  Star Trek Chronology: The History of the Future, by Michael Okuda
  and Denise Okuda).

N.B. Prior to the release of S33, many Klingonists used *{Hovjaj}, which
appears often in older messages.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons