tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 05 21:35:23 2001

RE: 'o'wIj chopjaj Dorn

chaq wanI' vIqawchu'be' 'ach not KBTP vIbot vIneH. qay' latlh ghu'.

My objections at the time, if I remember them correctly, were not pointed at
the KBTP or at Nick's translation of the Book of Mark. My problem was with
the general sense that there was an effort to change the focus of the KLI
mailing list to dominate it with Christian themes. I thought it was
inappropriate then and I still do. For some, it was just an excuse to rant
about Christianity in a group that largely made up of non-Christians. It had
an invasive sense to it.

I'm not sure why that sub-group was so interested in being offensive at the
time, but they were. It's not like it was winning them any converts, and it
is not like they didn't have other places to go where the theme was more
welcome. It just had the sense of crashing a party, and I kinda liked the
party just like it already was.

DaH pongwIj jatlhqa' Nick, 'ej tlhoS lutwIjHey Del 'ach yap mu'meywIj
'angboghpu'. qay'be'.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level