tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 28 13:04:00 2001

Re: Klingon literature: clipped or flowery?

I had to interject my opinion on this one here. From what I have seen of the
klingons in the show and how they have acted, story telling is a big part of
klingon "culture".  This is how their history is passed down from generation
to generation.  It would have to be very accurate, and according to Power
Klingon accuracy is a very important aspect to klingon life. So a few short,
terse sentences would not be apporpriate to klingon lit. The "glory" of
battle and conquest must be told with as much precision as possible.  Which
does not mean "flowery" speach, but a story should be told so the listener
knows exatly what happened.

With the occasional emmbelishment where appropriate. }};) (ala Kor from "The
Sword of Kahless")

What do you think?