tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 25 08:32:27 2001

Re: Members near me

> > "Utah"Daq latlh thlIngan Hol jatlhwI' tu'lu'?  "Provo" vIDab.  tlhIngan
> > Hol jatlhbogh vIqeq vIneH.  yapbe' Hol ghItlhbogh.
>
>The first sentence is a yes/no question.  Put the suffix -'a' on tu'lu'.
>That sentence shows that you ARE aware of the suffix -lu'; but you didn't
>include it in the third and fourth sentences.
>tlhIngan Hol jatlhlu'bogh - klingon which is spoken.
>Same with ghItlh.

I didn't realize that {-lu'} was necessary with {-bogh}.  I guess without
it, it must mean something like "the Klingon which he/she speaks", but with
no antecedent for he/she.  I've also got to remember that every yes/no
question requires {-'a'}, no matter the context.  Oh well, this always
happens in the early stages of language learning - interference from other
languages.