tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 21 20:43:29 2001

RE: QamvIS Hegh, torvIS yIn

In addition to SuStel's excellent response to this, it should be pointed out
that Okrand explicitly describes the comparative law'/puS construction as
unrelated to any other Klingon grammatical construction. You can't just
ignore that and interpret law'/puS as if it related to other grammar. It
doesn't. You can't take other grammar and apply it to law'/puS and you can't
take anything from law'/puS and apply it to other grammar. It is an
exception, not an extention of any rule.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level