tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Oct 20 10:40:37 2001

Re: QamvIS Hegh, torvIS yIn

> > More preferable death, standing; less preferable life, kneeling.

DloraH
> But a noun phrase isn't a sentence.  A sentence needs a verb.

Well, that was based on the theory that the law'/puS construction is two
noun-phrase-only sentences in apposition. Which would imply that it's
possible to use S V1 V2 as a noun phrase, with V2 modifying V1.

	*{Duj tIn puS}  somewhat big ships
	*{veng tIn teH} truly big city
	*{jaw mIgh watlh} purely evil lord

> Basicly this means, for your own safety, don't try any of this at home.

Indeed.

Jiri
--
Jiri Baum <[email protected]>           http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jirib