tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 16 07:58:22 2001

RE: KLBC tlhIngan Hol tlhob

last night I said:
> >We can handle this nicely with two sentences.
> >law' Qaw' ghaH.  pagh chenmoH ghaH.
> >He destroys much.  He creates nothing.

Of course EVERYONE knows that law' is a verb, not a noun (except me for those
few minutes); so it can't be left hanging there like that.  We need to add a
noun.
We could use a generic Doch.  Doch law' Qaw' ghaH - He destroys many things.
Or we could try to find something more colorful.

Turning law' into a noun with the suffix -wI', law'wI', to me doesn't sound
quite right. law'wI' Qaw' ghaH - He destroys things that are many.  But he also
destroys things that are few.  There were only a few planes.

Perhaps this falls under what we already know about klingons, "They may be
inaccurate, but they never appoximate".  Would a klingon say "things", or would
he specify what was destroyed?

DloraH

Back to archive top level