tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 15 23:44:23 2001

RE: KLBC tlhIngan Hol tlhob

> > How would one say, "He destroys/destroyed much, but builds/built
nothing"?

> Should this be a tIn/mach or law'/puS statement?
> Can one have two different verbs of Quality in a law'/puS statement?
>
> ghaH Qaw' law' ghaH chen puS (?)

The law'/puS format uses only one verb.

We can handle this nicely with two sentences.
law' Qaw' ghaH.  pagh chenmoH ghaH.
He destroys much.  He creates nothing.

And if you wish you can still put a "but" or "and" in between.

> net chen pagh (?)

net is a pronoun; chen doesn't take an object.

> 'oSSama' chen pagh 'ach Hoch Qaw' ghaH (?)

The first half is SVO and the second half is OVS.  Keep them both OVS.
Again, chen doesn't get an object.  To do that you need to use the
suffix -moH.
pagh chenmoH 'oSSama', 'ach Hoch Qaw' ghaH.

> what works better: {'ach}, {'ej} or {net} (?)

['ach] and ['ej] are conjunctions.  [net] is a pronoun.
[net] is not what you want.

As for 'ach and 'ej... both seem to work fine.  If Qaw' is the first verb,
'ej sounds to fit a little better.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level