tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 15 09:51:06 2001

KLBC: Help

Hi, my name is Jonas, and this is my first try at translating something to
Klingon. I want to write an Away-message for ICQ that says:

"My first Away-message, but not my last"

I've found these:
message (n): QIn

away: didn't find anything. Can I use a negation of {naDev} or how do I do
it? Is it possible to negate nouns, like "not here", by adding {-be'} or can
that only be used for verbs?

away-message: Is it possible to say {naDevQIn} in one word, or should they
be separate? "My away-message": {naDevQInwIj} or  {naDev QInwIj}, or none of
them?

first: wa'DIch

but: 'ach

last (v): Qav

Here is my attempt on translating the sentence:

naDevQInwIj wa'DIch 'ach Qavbe'wIj

Is any of it right, or am I way off? Would be grateful for any help.

- Jonas

Back to archive top level