tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 12 09:27:49 2001

Re: Question from the clueless newbie on the list...

Hello I'm DloraH, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  It's my job to help out
the newbies.  If you want, you can put KLBC at the beginning of the subject
line; this flags the message so that I will be the first to reply.

> I am trying to relearn my tlhIngan Hol that I've lost by printing out and
> translating some of the posts I've seen here on the list. I am, however,
> running into some difficulty finding the word "bom" anywhere in the
> dictionary or on the list of new words on the KLI site. Care to clue me in?

You listed two of the sources.  There is also the book "Klingon for the
Galactic Traveler", also by Mark Okrand.

With these three sources, you should have all the words Okrand has given us.
The Klingon Dictionary (TKD)
Klingon for the Galactic Traveler (KGT)
and the New Words list on the KLI website.

[bom] works as both a noun and a verb; "sing, chant" (v), "song" (n).

DloraH

Back to archive top level