tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 09 10:48:02 2001

RE: Speculations on Klingon Dialogue in new ST series

jatlh Robyn Stewart

> --------ChugDah(chuqDaH) hegh(Hegh)--------
>
> vIttlhegh qal vIghovbe'.  chaq mu'tlhegh le' qon 'e' nID.
> Apart from the
> fact that  the transcriptions are meaningless in context,
> they are well
> done.  There are more typos in a posting from me, and know
> what the words
> mean.  As the only problems in the other captions are
> miscapitalization and
> g for q, I have to assume that this one is no worse.
>
> range now die/death
>
> Marc Paige translates chuqDaH as bank of long range weapons.  Is that
> canon, or just by comparison to DaH in other array/bank compounds?

<chuqDaH> vIlaDDI', nachDaq <long range weapons> vIleghpu'. <cannon>
'oHchugh pagh 'oHbe'chugh 'e' vISovbe'.

> I don't think Hoshi knows what he said, anyway.  She's incompetent,
> chicken, deceptive, and will probably need rescuing a lot.
> nuqDaq ghaH
> Uhura'e'?

jIQochbe' jay'. ghaH ghIj QIbDaj.

Say'IluD
vIt, batlh, yIn

---------
This e-mail is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged
or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail
is prohibited.

Back to archive top level