tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 09 03:08:51 2001

RE: Help for someone new!

jIjatlh:

 > Ah, questions I can answer...
 >
 > <<wen>> nIbbogh mu' 'oH "months ago".
 > The word "wen" means "months ago". It's an adverbial, AFAIK.

charghwI' ja':

>As the BG noted, {wen} is a noun.

qatlho' charghwI'.

Also, I have missed an <<-'e'>> suffix in the first sentence (I think):

<<wen>> nIbbogh mu' 'oH "months ago"'e'.
However, I could be wrong again... :)

BTW, has anyone thought of the possibility that the suffix <<-'e'>> may be
the modern last vestige of a nominative case in ancient Klingon? We know
that it marks the subject in quasi-copular sentences; might this usage have
extended to all sentences? Or am I just trying too hard to expand the
language in a dimension it's not intended to go?

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han