tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 04 12:53:25 2001

Re: reH taH leng 'ej taHtaH

>     reH taH leng 'ej taHtaH            (The road goes ever on and on)
>     lojmItvetlhvo' taghpa'             (Down from the door where it began)

"Befor it begins from that door"
How does the -pa' fit in?
lojmItvetlhvo' tagh

>     DaH HopchoHpu' lengvam             (Now far ahead the road has gone)
>     'ej vIghoSlaHchugh vIghoSnIS       (And I must follow it, if I can)

As voragh mentions, can you: (leng) vIghoS ?
maybe: jIghoS.  This doesn't make any reference to the leng, but in the context
it would be understood, without running into the (leng) vIghoS.

>     qam Doy'mo' vIthla'taH             (Pursuing it with weary[1] feet)

"I am pursuing it because of tired feet"
So if your feet were not tired, you wouldn't be pursuing it?
Try two sentences. - qamwIj Doy'.  'ach vItlha'taH.
"My feet are tired, but I am still pursuing it."

>     He tIn muvbe'taHvIS                (Until it meets some larger way)

By itself this looks ok, but it doesn't work when you try to link it with the
next sentence.

>     pa'Daq qIH leng puS Qu' puS je     (Where many paths and errands meet)

I don't have my books with me right now, but if I remember correctly, "there"
doesn't need -Daq.  You could also use DaqvetlhDaq, or not...
The english says "many", but the klingon says puS/"few".

>     ghIq nuqDaq juH? jIjanglaHbe'      (And whither then? I cannot say)

juH?  How about ghoch/"destination"?
ghIq can work, but what about possibly ngugh?

DloraH

Back to archive top level