tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 26 13:07:52 2001

Re: KLBC: Dab

From: "Stauffer Tad" <[email protected]>

> Using {-Daq} with {Dab}, with a prefix indicating "no object", sounds even
> weirder to me:
> {nuqDaq bIDab} "Where do you inhabit?"
> {Qo'noSDaq jIDab} "I inhabit on Kronos"
>
> As DloraH suggested, this last example sounds to me like the speaker might
> be homeless on Kronos.

Where are you guys getting homelessness from?  These examples are different
from the norm as "In America I inhabit" is.  The meaning seems clear, but
it's stated incorrectly.  It doesn't follow the accpeted (by Klingons)
pattern.

Lack of an object doesn't indicate the object is nothing.  It might mean
there is no object, or it might mean the object is general, or unstated.

SuStel
Stardate 1904.9

Back to archive top level