tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 23 18:29:09 2001

Re: Klingon translation interest

Hi Mark,

You probably just missed everyone.  It's a major holiday weekend in the US,
where many list participants live and I expect list traffic will drop right
off until Monday.

Translation and Klingon composition help is definitely available here, but
the help is in the form of teaching people the language, so they can speak
it themselves.  We speak Klingon.  We like having people to talk to, so we
try to create more Klingon-speakers.

If his is a commercial website, you should probably talk to Lawrence, and
offer an honorarium for the service.   We have translated some pretty weird
things over the years.

Your message states both that your friend's website is large, and that it
is small.  Which is it? If you post the URL some folks will look at it, and
if it looks like something that would be interesting to translate, someone
might do it.   Seeing as your intention is to have it translated as a joke,
you probably don't care about the grammar and spelling being perfect.  A
beginning student might like the project.  You could even substitute random
Klingon text for his text.  If he doesn't speak Klingon, he won't know
whether it's a translation of his site, Klingon pornography, or a history
of the government of Poland ... until he starts getting e-mail from
Klingonists.

rut jImIgh, qar'a'?

'a nub qechvam.  jupvaD potlhchugh De'wI' DaqqoqDaj, qatlh choHmeH mu' pegh
ghaj latlh?  qID'a'  toj'a'?  Hung pIHwI' jIH'a' neH?

 > Hello. I am sending this message after finding the list on a website. I
want to
 > be able to surprise an online friend of mine who has a large project
website
 > which he spends so much time on as it is important to him. I mean to ask if
 > there is any Klingon translation help available. He would be very
surprised if
 > someone would translate his small site into Klingon as fun alternative to
 > English and the other languages that the website's in, like Chinese, German
 > and French. If anyone would help let me know and we can surprise him.

Back to archive top level