tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 14 11:37:13 2001

Re: nughIQmoH Dujmey

> >February 15-17 Baltimore-Daq qaS Farpoint qep.  jISaH 'e' vInabbej
> >(tuchbe'chugh qorDu'wIj).  chaq taghpa' juHmajDaq cheSuchlaH, ghIq
> >matay'taHvIS Farpoint wIyotlaH!
>
> *Baltimore* DaDab?  pa' jIbogh.

He doesn't live there, but he is planning to attend.
If I go depends on when my son is born.

> qaStaHviS yInwIj wa'DIch wa'maH loS DIS vengvetlh vIDab.

wa'DIch goes after the noun.  This says "forty years of my first life".  In
your english you wanted it to modify the years.

> BG: Is {Dab} what we would consider a transitive in English?  That is,
> am I correct to use [place] vIDab instead of [place] jIDab?

While I was writing this, Voragh's reply came in, so... what he said.
Rochester (NY) vIDab.

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level