tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 21 02:43:21 2001

Re: Palm mu'ghom

For completeness: I have joined the ranks of the Palmerati, although since
I won't make it to Belgium, and it isn't looking like I'll be in the States
next year, I doubt you'll see it. :-| ghunchu'wI''s Dictionary thing would
be optimal out of a not-too-large bunch of software; but I couldn't go with
it, since I also wanted a Lojban dictionary on my palm, and Lojban being
Lojban, Dictionary's maximum field size (around 100 chars, isn't it?) would
not do. I went with TomeRaider (www.tomeraider.com); it's nagware (and
nagging is much more annoying on the Palm, so I bought it.) It's probably a
little slower in lookup, and doesn't have the cool bidirectional search
that Dictionary does (so I have separate E-K and K-E dictionaries); but if
you're going to be attaching notes of any size to your data, or will have
sizeable entries, it's much better than Dictionary.

It's a shame about BDicty, because it's got the best interface out there;
but having to run to our friends in Bulgaria every time Okrand passed out
new gems didn't seem to me worth the hassle. Mind you, it's not like Okrand
*has* passed out many new gems lately...

Nick Nicholas              [Stephen] King published _The Green Mile_ as
Associate Researcher       the first serialized novel since the 1920s,
Thesaurus Linguae          in a gesture that was meant to recall the
Graecae, University of     serial work of Dickens. No doubt, King is the
California, Irvine         Dickens this century deserves.
[email protected]           -- Richard von Busack, _Metro Santa Cruz_,
www.opoudjis.net              Dec. 8-15 1999, p. 29.

Back to archive top level