tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 13 19:42:43 2001

tuQmoH (was Re: Exercises for beginners)

ja' Qov:
>I've always seen tuQmoH as dressing someone else, e.g. a child, so I would
>say  wep tuQ'eghmoH, to make it clear that they put them on themselves.

Messing with {tuQmoH} that way starts to get into issues with how {-moH}
works on transitive verbs, and what to do about the object of a verb
bearing a reflexive suffix like {-'egh}.

I think a simple {wep tuQchoH} would be much clearer and less likely to
stir up controversy.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level