tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 09 18:32:36 2001

Re: KLBC-Story

ja' yeygha':
>The main problem I ran into was how to say "one day". I wanted to say "One
>day a vicious targ ate his pet." Is there anyway to do that?

Is it important that the event occurred on one day rather than two?  That
it occurred on a specific day rather than a different one?  The use of "one
day" in English narrative is just a stylistic feature, and doesn't carry
much meaning beyond "exactly when this happened is not important".  If
something isn't important to an idea, Klingon typically ignores it
completely (with the prominent exception of indefinite subjects).

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level