tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 05 21:42:06 2001

Basic questions

I am only just learning how to speak Klingon, and I have a few (very) basic
questions to ask that have been plaguing me.

1) Does the Klingon colour system extend beyond <<chIS qIj Doq SuD je>>? I
have read in the extended corpus that there is a term for a colour outside
the normal human vision range, and I am wondering whether there are any
other colour terms aside from that.

2) In the two-verb colour construction <<Doq 'ej wovbe'>> do both verbs take
the prefixes, or just one?

3) Is there a Klingon term meaning any of the following: bag, colour (in
general), sand, to mean (as in "this word means ..."), to be
striped/spotted?

4) There seem to be two words for honour, <<batlh>> and <<quv>>. Are there
some situations in which one is used in preference to the other?

5) How does Klingon render complex tenses like "I was reading when..." or "I
will have done it by the time..."? Is -taHvIS enough for the first one?

Satlho'