tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 04 15:37:44 2001

RE: Hol chu' vIHaD

voragh:
> A good mnemonic for {Du-} "he/she/it [does something to] you (sg.)" is to
> remember that in German Du means "you" (sg.).

actually that was the way that I first memorized it, but then later when I
would think "what is the prefix for you-it" I would think of {Du-} for
that very reason...the sad thing is that both times I have used it wrong
I had checked the prefix table in TKD to make sure I was right, and
obviously matched the wrong "you" to the wrong "him/her/it". I think
mnemonic tricks are maybe not the way to go for me... :)

> Another common way is to
> memorize a SHORT (!) catchy line from canon.  E.g.:

this is what I do with most of my new vocabulary...although I  have not
yet used canon sentences for this...I usually make up a sentence that
uses several of the words I am trying to learn, so as to kill multiple
birds with one stone.

but thanks for the tips...

yeygha'

[email protected]