tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 03 13:23:24 2001

RE: yIqIm- attack on mailing list

qonwI' said:
>      jabbI'ID vIHev, 'ej "attachment" ghaj jabbI'ID, 'ej.
>      I received an e-mail, and it had an attachment, also.

This is good. The only problem I see is with {'ej}, at the very end. {'ej}
is used to connect sentences, such as:
{tIn SajwIj, 'ej pI'.} "My pet is big, and it is fat."
However, if you want to say "also", you would use {je}. {je} is used to
connect nouns, and you can also use it after a verb to mean "too, also" in
general.
For example,
{tIn SajwIj. pI' je.} "My pet is big. It is fat, too."
So you would want to use {je} instead of {'ej} for your sentence:
{'ej "attachment" ghaj je jabbI'ID} "And the data transmission had an
attachment, also."

>      "Attachment" pong: "Hamster.zip" (vay' ghap).
>      'oH vIpoSmoHbe'. SIbI' 'oH vIQaw'.
>      The name: "Hamster.zip" (or something).
>      I didn't open it. I destroyed it.

maj.

>      lab "Bradley Ellis": "Take a look to the attachment".
>      Bradley Ellis wrote: "Take a look to the attachment".
>
>      (jabbI'ID "quoted"). ghaytan "virus".
>      (My message was quoted.) It is likely a virus.

In addition to {jabbI'ID} ("data transmission"), you could also use the noun
{QIn}, which appears in KGT. {QIn} means "message", as well as "spearhead".
For the idea of "quoted", you might say:
{QInwIj ngaS.} "It contained my message."

We don't have a word for computer virus, but you could try describing it.
Perhaps:
"It is likely that the message was evil."
or
"The programmer intended that the message destroys data."

>      Even though this isn't KLBC, I would like the grammer
>      to be corrected anyway.

lu'.
Also, I noticed that the subject line was misspelled as {yIQIm}. Just so
that no one gets their vocabulary mixed up, {QIm} is the noun "egg" and
{qIm} is the verb "pay attention, concentrate".

- taD