tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 01 22:53:29 2001

Re: vIlIH'egh bochaw'chugh

In a message dated 4/30/2001 9:15:10 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> {ghel} is to {tlhob} as {jatlh} is to {ja'}. The direct object of {tlhob} is
> typically a person, while the direct object of {ghel} is typically a
> question, so if you use the prefix shortcut, {qaghelpu'} becomes {SoHvaD

I, too, can use help here.  I have been using {ghel}, {jang}, {jatlh} and
{jach} as intransitive-only verbs.  Thus, my sentences have ended up as:
jIghel, jIjatlh <<qaS nuq?>>  bIjang, bIjatlh  <<qaS pagh.>>

Intransitive obviously means "no object," precluding the idea of "direct
object."

I would appreciate a full discussion of this topic.

peHruS

Back to archive top level