tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 31 13:07:31 2001

Re: KLBC: HoghwIj

lab Robert

>qay'pu' HoghwIj. cha'les 'oHlaw' jaj'e' Qov 'e' vIQub 'ej jIQaptaH 'e'
>vItaghta'. 'ach cha'les 'oHHa' jaj'e' Qov. jar tlha' 'oH jaj'e' Qov. vaj
>jIbuSnISbe'. tlhIngan Hol vIqeqbe'. vaj jabbI'ID nuD *taD 'e' vItul.
>
>My week has been packed. I thought my deadline was on Monday and I started
>a new job. But my deadline is in fact next month. I haven't practiced my
>Klingon so I would be grateful if Tad can check over this note.
>
>Two main things, I've tried to use adjectives and 'to be' constructions.
>The last example in the Dictionary seemed to imply I could do what I've
>done but it didn't really give any guidelines so I'm probably way off mark.

pablIj lughmoH *taD 'e' DaSovba', 'ach qamISmoHlaw'pu'mo' DaH jIjanglI'.
pongwIj'e' 'oH *Qov*'e'.  mu' 'oHbe'.  pIj vItlhoblu' <nuq 'oS Qov> 'ach
not *deadline* 'oS chuplu'.  ... toH pay' vIyajchoH.

Qav 'oH mu''e' DaneHbogh.  TKD 4.4 yIlaDqa'.

You know taD will correct your grammar, but as I appear to have confused
you, I'm answering now.  *Qov* is my NAME.  It's not a word.  I'm often
asked, "what does Qov stand for?" but it's never been suggested that it
means "deadline."  Oh, suddenly I get it.

The word you want is Qav.  Re-read TKD 4.4.  Especially the last paragraph,
beginning with "If a type 5 noun suffix ..."

Qov

Back to archive top level