tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 29 15:04:52 2001

Re: Patience makes perfect

lab pagh-le'

>> Try:
>> mu'mey puS vISov - I know few words.
>> mu'meyvetlh puS vISov - I know a few of those words.
>> Qov
>
>toH! qatlho'.

nIboQmo' mu'meywIj jIbel.

[I'm pleased my words helped you.]

>tlhIngan Hol vIQatlhmoH,

maj.  That's a construction that shows you're starting to think in Klingon
a little bit.  The right prefix, a good verb suffix, and proper word order.

>'ach tlhIngan Hol nap.
>
>(I make Klingon language complicated, but Klingon language is simple.)

napchu'be'.  mu'tlheghlIj 'ay' cha'DIch yInuD.

[It's not completely simple.  Examine the second part of your sentence.]

It says "... but simple Klingon language."
How do you change it to read "Klingon language is simple"?
(Remember: Object-Verb-Subject)

If this is confusing you, rememeber that there are two ways to use a "be"
verb.
1. As a verb       e.g. jaq Saj - the pet is bold
2. As an adjective e.g. Saj jaq - the bold pet

napHa'laH tlhIngan Hol, 'ach pIj jaS Hol lunapHa'moH taghwI'pu'.

[Klingon can be complex, but often beginners complicate it in different ways.]

bIjangtaHvIS, jabbI'ID pongDaq <KLBC> per yIghItlhqa', vaj laDqa' *taD*.
chu'wI' pab vItI' 'e' vItIvqu', 'ach chutmey vIlobnIS.  taD Qu' vIDoQbe'nIS.

[P.S. When you reply, please put "KLBC" back in the subject line so this
will go back to taD.  Not that I ever MIND helping with grammar, but I must
obey the rules and stop trespassing on his territory.]
Qov

Back to archive top level