tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 24 11:44:03 2001

RE: A Newbie with a Query

> [email protected] said:
>
> Hi, I'm a new subscriber and a new member of the KLI. I have been
> "lurking" for a short time on the list. I wanted to introduce myself in
> tlhIngan Hol but I am at a loss as to what to say. Demonstrating one's
> proficiency (or my abysmal lack thereof) is difficult if you don't know
> -what- to say. Are there any questions about myself I could answer in
> Klingon (or make a stab at, anyway)? I appreciate any and all help.

Welcome to the list, smaal! I'm taD, the current Beginner's Grammarian. It's
my job to help beginners here with Klingon. You can add the letters "KLBC"
to your subject line whenever you want me to check your work, or if you have
a question about how to say something in Klingon. If possible, you should
also include what you were trying to say, in English. This will make it
easier for me to make sure that you say what you are trying to say.

Here are some suggestions for beginning practice sentences or questions you
could answer in Klingon. I'm sure others here could give you some ideas
also.

What's your name? (Information on how to say this can be found in the FAQ
list)

Describe one of your interests. If you can't find a Klingon word that
exactly means what you want, try to describe the idea with other words that
you can find.

Qapla'

- taD