tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 23 13:25:06 2001

Re: increases

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:51:41 -0500, "Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>ghur Hoch, 'ach jImImta'. DaH jImImlaHbe'taH.
>
>I've been very proud of the fact that the KLI has managed to maintain the
>same membership rates from the day we started. That's nine long years
>folks, a span of time in which we've seen postage rates increase at least
>four times (I admit to losing count) and paper costs more than double.
>Despite the costs increasing, we've improved the quality of HolQeD as well.
>
>Our numbers have been dwindling, but sales on the website have allowed us
>to hold to the same annual price for membership. So, we've balanced, more
>or less, and that's not bad.
>
>However, our printer just hit us with a huge increase, unable to hold back
>any longer, and coupled with the big jump in foreign postage rates (and the
>elimination of the airmail-printed matter classification) we're simply
>going to have to pass the increases on to the membership.
>
>At this point I don't know how much more it will be. I hope it will be low.
>Certainly if we can turn the membership numbers around things will be
>easier (hint: encourage your friends and colleages to join the KLI).
>Certainly we'll honor all current memberships through their subscription
>dates. If you've been thinking about renewing early, or giving a gift
>membership to someone, now is the time.
>
>I expect to work out the necessary rate increase after the March issue
>ships. It will go into effect some time in the latter half of April. Any
>renewals or new memberships received before that time will be at the
>current rate. Anything received after that time will be a little bit more.
>
>Thank you for your continued support of the KLI,
>
>Lawrence

I hope this dosen't sound too selfish but is the qep'a' still on?

I have an expensive non-refundable air ticket :-(

Was hoping to catch up with people from Vegas.......

Back to archive top level