tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 13 19:31:00 2001

RE: KLIC: <telescope>wIj chu'

maj. "Good."

> wej vI' cha' vagh 'uj jan 'oH 'ej cha'maH jav 'uj 'aD.  "It's a 114mm
> instrument with a length of 910mm."

bIjuvHa'law'. wej vI' cha' Soch wej 'uj 'aD *114mm*. "I think you measured
wrong. 114mm is roughly 3.273 'uj."

> chaq loQ mach, 'ach machqu'be.  "Perhaps it's a little small, but not
> too small."
>
> Dajbogh chal Dochmey law' vIleghlaH.  "I can see many interesting things
> in the sky."
>
> ram Hoch, Daqmey tamchuqtaHvIS <Jupiter> maSmey, vIbejtaH.  "I am
> watching the moons of Jupiter as they exchange positions each night.

<Hoch ram> DaHechlaw'. bong bIjatlh "Everything is unimportant."
"You apparently intended to say, 'Each night'. Accidentally, you said, <Hoch
ram>.

Lacking Klingon grammatical terms for "direct object", I can't say the
following in Klingon. You have made {Daqmey} the direct object of
{tamchuqtaHvIS}, but no verb with {-chuq} can have a direct object, since
the subject is the direct object in a reflexive verb. Move {Daqmey} to
follow {maSmey} and this should work. mu' Quv yIqel. Consider the word
"coordinates".

> <Saturn> bavbogh DI gho vIleghta'.  "I have seen the rings of Saturn."

maj.

> tera' maSDaq HuDmey vItu'ta'.  "I have found mountains on Earth's moon."
>
> <Venus> muD 'engmey vIleghta'.  "I've seen the clouds of Venus'
> atmosphere."
>
> yuQ'a' <Uranus> vInejlI'.  "I'm looking for the giant planet Uranus."

bIDo'jaj. "Good luck."

> tugh ghopDap vItu' 'e' vInID.  "Soon I will try to observe a minor
> planet."

yuQHom tIn law' ghopDap tIn puS. "A minor planet is bigger than an
asteroid."

> ghaytan jIQap.  "I will probably succeed."
>
> - tuv'el

 SarrIS

Back to archive top level