tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 07 07:13:06 2001

Franklin Mint Klingon Watch (pIqaD related)

I recently got the Klingon BOP watch from the Franklin mint and when I
first opened it up I noticed something intresting. The 4 number marks on
the face of the pocket watch (3, 6, 9, 12) were in KLI pIqaD. I guess the
people at the Franklin mint can type in www.kli.org ;)

Seeing this also gave me some questions. Since the watch is TM Paramount
Pictures, did they get permission to use these numbers from the KLI? Do
they need permission to do that? or is it some kind of admission that the
pIqaD info on the KLI page is right? or is it just completly random, and
has no canon value what-so-ever?

I haven't seen KLI pIqaD used correctly on any non-KLI stuff before, so it
was a little bit of a shock, a delightful one, but a shock non the less.

Qapla' juppu'wI'

qurgh

Back to archive top level