tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 25 19:54:03 2001

KLBC: Mountains and mice

qen *George*, pInwI', jIHvaD *Latin* HolDaq 'op mu'mey mughta'. jabbI’ID
tagh ‘ej qon *Montes geminant, parturitur ridiculus mus*.

chay’ vImughlaH?

jach HuDmey, boghmo' Qa'Hom

jach HuDmey, ‘ej Qa’Hom luboghmoH (neH)

… Qa’Hom Dogh?

‘ach Doghba ’HuDmeyvo’ Qa’Hom. ghaytan ‘utbe’ ‘Dogh’

… Qa’Hom mach (Qa’Hom tIn law’, *mouse* tIn puS).

joq nuq?

jIjatlh ‘e’ vIHech:

Recently George, my boss, translated some words into Latin for me [if not
Daq, what? Daq seems a bit too concrete to me]. He ended his e-mail by
writing "the mountains groaned, and brought forth a ridiculous mouse".

How can I translate it?

"The mountains screamed because a qahom was born.

"The mountains screamed and they (only) caused a qahom to be born."

"A foolish qahom"? But a qahom from a mountain is obviously foolish.
Probably "foolish" is unnecessary.

"A small qahom" (a qahom is bigger than a mouse).

Or what?

naQSej

Back to archive top level