tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 22 13:25:08 2001

Re: Klingon WOTD: chIm (v)

>: Klingon word:   chIm
>: Part of Speech: verb
>: Definition:     be empty, deserted, uninhabited

Voragh:
>Antonyms include {naQ} "be full" and {toq} "be inhabited".

ghunchu'wI':
: {naQ} is the wrong kind of "full" to be a good opposite for {chIm}.
: It means "be whole", not "be filled up".  For that meaning, I think
: {buy'} "be full" is much more appropriate.

Good point.  It's a pain keeping all of my cross references current.  Some of
which - as you can see - were made before the release of KGT!

 {naQ}  "be full, be whole, be entire"

  cha' choQmey naQ tu'lu' 'ej tep choQ bIngDaq lo' law' bID choQ tu'lu'
  2 Full Decks and a Half Utility Deck under the Cargo Deck  (KBoP)

 {buy'}  "be full, be filled up" KGT

  buy' ngop
  The plates are full. KGT

And speaking of being full, related transitive verbs include {teb} "fill" and
{ghoD} "stuff".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons