tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 19 15:49:41 2001

Klingon Live Radio Broadcast at I-CON 21

Everyone,

Here's something different.  I know someone who's arranging a live radio
broadcast in the spirit of War of the Worlds to be played during I-CON 21
(April 19-21, 2002; Stony Brook, NY; http://www.iconsf.org).  The idea is
still sketchy at this stage, but it looks like it's going to present a
series of announcements reporting an alien invasion of Earth.  The guy I
know asked me if I'd be interested in getting a few Klingon speakers
together to participate in this endeavor: the aliens invading are going to
be Klingons!

They're going to want people who can speak Klingon by improvisation, and who
will do so in a fairly authentic manner.  This isn't just loud fluff they're
looking for: this person is interested in authenticity.  He's also a
musician who specializes in strange, non-traditional instruments, like the
theramin and a device he invented called a Digital Digeree Doo (he played
this for us at our last Christmas party, and I can tell you it's mighty
strange!).

We're not entirely sure yet what exactly will be happening, but we're
looking for two to four more Klingon speakers who can come during the
convention and participate in this program, to act the part of Klingon
warriors over a radio broadcast (SUNY Stony Brook's campu radio station will
be the broadcaster).  Though I don't think there will be any payment
involved, anyone who can come will get at least a free one-day pass to the
convention (maybe more?).  Although there's still a lot of time before the
event (next year), they're preparing a budget for it and need some idea how
many Klingonists will be able to come.  I'll be there.

Anybody interested?  Please send me some e-mail ([email protected]).  No
utter committments at this point; we just need a rough number of
participants.  If you think you can make it and want to come, please let me
know!

SuStel
Stardate 1467.0

--
Explore the world as it might have been.  Join the Parallel Earths sim!
http://communities.msn.com/ParallelEarths

Back to archive top level