tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 19 15:30:24 2001

Re: Klingan as an IAL

Igor's points were right on. I, too, don't know if Paramount would
let this happen. But, if it will, then we should get to work on this
immediately. My fellow Klingonists, there is an old phrase that I
want to bash in:

    Just because we can do a thing, it does not mean that we should
    do that thing.

This is not a time for that sentence.

That is why I propose a fund for the advancement and exploration of
the Klingon language.  We could call this fund AEKL. Among it's many
responsibilities would be the publishing of the weekly newspaper and
the dictionary idea Igor mentioned.

We can, we should, we will, we are. Know it and live it. And someone,
please, translate it into Klingon.

=====
Matthew Pennington

Greed is good. Greed is right. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the esssence of the evolutionary spirit... Greed-- mark my words-- will save the U.S.A.
--Gordon Gekko (Wall Street)