tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 18 01:15:15 2001

Re: To be or not to be Belanna

Hi all,

Is Belanna a Klingon name? Well, you learn something new every day :) If it
is, can someone explain to me its significance, and who Belanna was/is?

I think the name Belanna fits into the sound patterns of most western
European languages (except French). I'd probably say Italian is the closest,
but I think you could argue for Basque or Irish as well.
If the authorities accept Ancient Egyptian, try telling them that it's
"derived from" [bewtannat], which means approximately "abomination turns
back".

Sorry if my reply's off-subject, but I think it's worth posting - a baby's
legal existence is at stake...

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han