tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 17 05:50:08 2001

Re: To be or not to be Belanna

Maddy wrote:

> Sorry about this mail, but it is somehow related to klingon (and I
> don't know any other place where  I can ask this)I have a friend, here
> in Argentina, who wants to named her daughter Belanna.For that reason,
> he must demonstrate that Belanna is a name, and explain in which
> language (what it is the origin). So our laws demands he prove that
> klingon is an actual language.Could you tell me if klingon have some
> sort of recognition as a language? If yes, where?Do you have any
> statistics about how many people study/speak klingon in the
> world?Thank you in advance (and sorry about my English, I hope you
> could understand me)
>                            =/\= Maddy =/\=

Oh dear, HTML posts.

Anyway: I've done a bit of searching, and at least there seem to be
precedences where people called their kids Belanna - that might help...

http://users.bigpond.net.au/gans/belanna/newpage1.htm even has the
interesting info of someone being called Belanna before Voyager came
out. Your friend might want to contact the people who made the page
(i.e. the baby's parents) for more information.

Cheers,
Uli

Back to archive top level