tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 16 17:38:20 2001

RE: KLBC: yu'ghach Daj

QIS said:

	Daj yu'ghach.

Read my comments to qonwI' regarding {yu'ghach}, since it's not quite a
"normal" Klingon word.

	*lion*mey 'ar 'e' DIqemnIS wISovmeH!

Again, take a look at the comments I give to qonwI'.

Since you're using {'ar} ("how many?"), you don't need to use {-mey}. If you
use {-mey}, it shows that you already know that there are at least 2 lions.
So if you know how many lions there are, you don't need to ask in the first
place.

Also, when using {-meH} on a verb, the verb goes *before* what it is
describing.

It looks like here you're either trying to say:
"How many lions do we need to bring in order to know?"
"We need to know how many lions to bring"

{wISovmeH, *lion* 'ar wIqemnIS?} works for the first sentence.

{*lion* 'ar wIqemnIS?} "How many lions do we need to bring?" expresses the
same intent as the second sentence, although it isn't an exact translation.

- taD

Back to archive top level