tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 15 19:47:50 2001

Re: KLBC: yu'ghach Daj

this is Albert's girl vriend talking: we want you to stop chatting with
Albert about everything. right now, right here. my e-mail adresse is:
[email protected]
On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:40:01 -0400

"Stauffer, Tad E (staufte7)" <[email protected]> wrote:

> qonwI' said:
>
> 	jabbI'ID ghomDaq *Christian*pu' tu'lu''a'?  *Christian* jIH.
>
> maj.
>

> 	tlhIngan Hol lughoj *Christian*pu' 'ar 'e' vIQub.
>
> Since you've used a question word {'ar} ("how many?"), this is asking
the
> question:
> "I think that how many Christians learn Klingon?", which could be
rephrased
> in English as:
> "How many Christians do I think learn Klingon?"
> This sounds a little awkward; you could just ask the straight-forward
> question "How many Christians learn Klingon?"
> Also note that when we use the question word {'ar}, we don't use a
plural
> suffix on the noun.
> So this would be:
> {tlhIngan Hol ghoj *Christian* 'ar} "How many Christian(s) learn the
Klingon

--
(o-   (Albert Arendsen) || (Chakotay) || (Reyn Eaglestorm)   -o)
/\\   )O(            http://eaglestorm.net/            )O(   //\

Back to archive top level