tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 04 08:39:25 2001

RE: A little Poetry

> >juH vIyItlaHbe'. jIleghchu'be'. SoHpu' vIleghlaH.
>
> I tried pluralizing {SoH} once in what I thought was an appropriate
> context, addressing the comment to someone who I'd expect to have
> understood it.  She didn't understand it, perhaps because {SoHpu'}
> wants
> very much to be interpreted as a "to be" verb having a perfective
> suffix.

But in this sentence the pronoun is placed in a noun position; there is already
a verb in the sentence.  (It is certainly unusual usage tho.)

> {SoHmey} seems somehow more appropriate for your example anyway. :-)

But they are most likely not scattered about.  All of him would probably be
close together, next to each other.

DloraH

Back to archive top level